Your bed pillow is a critical piece to having a good nights sleep. I’m happy to share with you that on Monday, September 7, Sleep Number’s “Create Your Perfect Pillow” also known as Pillow[ology] was featured on the popular “THE DOCTORS” talk show. Did you see it? If not, I wanted to take a minute to tell you more about “Perfect Pillow,” specifically what it does, what problems it can solve, and where you can find it. And, if you keep reading, you’ll learn how you could win one of these great pillows.
Have you had problems finding a bed pillow that felt as good at home as it did in the store? That’s probably because it wasn’t personalized to fit you. “Create Your Perfect Pillow” is customized in three easy steps for each individual. When you visit a Select Comfort Sleep Number Store our Sleep Experts will help fit you with your perfect pillow. Or, if you want to explore the options on your own, you can do that in-store or at the Perfect Pillow page.
It’s easy to see that we’re all different shapes and sizes … and we have different sleeping positions. So, it’s important you have a pillow that provides correct alignment and support for your neck and spine. The wrong bed pillow can cause neck pain, headaches, shoulder pain, and even a sore back because you’re sleeping in an awkward, unnatural position.
Here’s how you go about creating your perfect pillow:
1. Choose the outer shell. Choose between four different fill types are Down, Down Alternative, Memory Foam and True Silver. Each fill provides different support based on personal preference.
2. Choose your inner support core, which goes inside the outer shell. Choices include Down, Down Alternative, Memory Foam, Memory Foam Contour, True Silver and Feather.
3. Choose your pillow protector. I highly recommend a pillow protector to preserve the life of your pillow. Choices include cotton, True Silver (anti-microbial, anti-odor and dust mite protection) or In Balance (Temperature Balancing).
Creating your perfect pillow using different combinations can improve a variety of sleep issues. For example:
• Down Alternative is great for allergy sufferers
• Memory Foam Contour core can reduce neck pain
• True Silver has many great attributes as noted above; a favorite of mine is that the technology reduces dust mites
• If you get too hot at night, In Balance is for you. In Balance will minimize temperature swings so you don’t wake up because you’re uncomfortably hot.
Once Sleep Number Sleep Experts fit you with your perfect bed pillow in one of our stores you can test drive it on a Sleep Number bed to be sure your choice is right for you. It’s always best to test a pillow in your sleeping position (laying down).
Pillow[ology] owners agree the pillow really can improve the quality of your sleep when the pillow is fit specifically to an individual’s shape and sleep preference!
As a thanks for reading my post, enter for a chance to enter to win a free Create your Perfect Pillow. Twenty-five lucky people will win a standard-size Create Your Perfect Pillow! Sweeps ends 10/8/09.
If you have any questions, write me a comment below, or visit a Select Comfort Sleep Number Store, Call 1-800-984-5662, or go to sleepnumber.com/cypp.