‘Tis that time of year again – when malls are decking their halls and retailers give their shoppers exclusive, door-busting deals. I’m a strategist through and through, and always have my road map, items to purchase, and food routes mapped out in advance. I’m excited to navigate the crowds this season!
In preparation for the shopping weekend ahead, I asked some Sleep Number employees what their shopping tips are, and here’s what I found:
- Get plenty of rest – Make sure you get 8 hours of quality sleep so you’re ready to take on the day ahead
- Stay focused – don’t let the eyes wander to gifts for YOU – focus on the gift list
- Bring a friend – someone who can hold your purse or hold your spot in line
- Stay hydrated, caffeinated – Coffee and water will keep you in high-performance mode all day
- Leave your Mother-in-law at home – I love my MIL, but you gotta cut the dead weight… we have shopping to do and can’t waste any time
- Wear comfortable shoes – Nothing says “inexperienced shopper” like 4-inch heels, so wear comfortable walking shoes as it will be a long day
- Shop during the off hours – If you’re not after a door-buster deal, skip the crowd and shop later during the day
- Avoid eating lunch at noon – Mall food courts are packed, so either bring/eat a small snack around lunchtime, or venture away from the food court to score some morsels
- Stay positive – If you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t get discouraged (or Scrooge-like); put on some holiday music in the car and just relax
If you’d rater shop from home, and skip the holiday buzz at the mall, some of these things remain the same: stay focused, stay hydrated and turn on some holiday music to keep you in the holiday spirit.
In the spirit of avoiding lines on Black Friday, there is a fantastic Sleep Number bed deal – 50% off the Limited Edition Bed and FREE home delivery (online only on Thanksgiving day – ends 4 pm ET). In addition, you can buy one, get one FREE on Sleep Number Lyocell Down® Pillows and GridZone® Foam Pillows all weekend. The Ultimate Sleep Number event ends on Cyber Monday (11.29.10), so check out the coupons below for sale details.
What are some of your holiday shopping strategies? Avoid the mall? Shop with cash only? Please share your strategy with us!
Sleep well and happy shopping,