NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Sleep Number March 2013 Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins Thursday, March 14, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. CT and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT (“Sweepstakes Period”). Winner will be drawn and contacted within 10 days of drawing via the email address he/she provided.
Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or Twitter, nor are they associated with the Sweepstakes in any way. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor or Administrator. Facebook, Twitter and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies are not endorsing, sponsoring, or otherwise affiliated with this promotion in any manner.
1. ELIGIBILITY: OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) WHO RESIDE IN AND ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED IN THE U.S. OR D.C.; WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY; AND WHO REGISTER FOR THE SLEEP NUMBER March 2013 SWEEPSTAKES between Thursday, March 14, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. CT and 11:59 p.m. CT. Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited. Employees or agents of Sponsor and Agency, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, representatives, divisions, suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies; and their immediate families and those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or to win the Sweepstakes. For purposes of these rules, “immediate families” means spouse, parents or legal guardians, siblings, children, step-parents, step siblings, stepchildren, and the spouses of each of the foregoing. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by authorized holder of the email account. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Winner will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
2. HOW TO ENTER: There is one (1) way to enter the Sweepstakes: (1) ENTER ONLINE by filling out completely an entry form at the Sleep Number Facebook page- www.Facebook.com/SleepNumber (http://www.facebook.com/SleepNumber?sk=app_542953955744120). Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative will verify that entrants completed the Sweepstakes entry as required to determine eligibility and has the exclusive right to do so. Entries by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for late, misdirected, damaged, or incomplete entries. Incomplete or ineligible entries will not be acknowledged and will not be included in the Sweepstakes drawing. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged except as provided herein.
3. RANDOM DRAWING/ODDS: On or about March 18, 2013, a random drawing for one prize winner will be conducted in compliance with these Official Rules by a Sponsor representative from the office of PHD Worldwide, the official agency for the Sweepstakes (“Agency”). The drawing will be conducted from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified by email within ten (10) days of the drawing to the email address indicated on his/her online entry form. In the event potential winner is at least eighteen (18) years of age, but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein. Winner must comply with these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.
4. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV): One Standard Queen-size Sleep Number® p5 bed set with standard UPS shipping will be awarded on a random basis to one winner (ARV: $2,179.97 ). Bed set includes one mattress and one Modular Base foundation. No cash redemptions or prize substitutions will be allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, which reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with a prize of comparable or greater value should an advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable or refused, Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner within a reasonable time period, or potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, including the signing of an affidavit of eligibility/release, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries received. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use are the sole responsibility of winner. This includes claiming the gift on your taxes to comply with federal gift tax law. Prize is awarded “as is” with no guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS/DISCLAIMERS: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if any part of the Sweepstakes or any process associated therewith becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper operation of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries per these rules, or if infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, robotic entry device use or any other cause, in Sponsor’s sole opinion or suspicion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/ or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In the event that the Sweepstakes is cancelled or terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to have the Administrator select the prize winner for the Sweepstakes in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation/termination. Proof of entering information on Sponsor’s website is not considered proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor. False and/or deceptive entries or acts of any kind shall render entrants ineligible to receive a prize. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, advertising, or administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prize/prize winner.
By entering or participating in this Sweepstakes, participants: (a) agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (b) agree that the Select Comfort Corporation; PHD Worldwide, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, representatives, divisions, suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies; and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for printing, typographical, human, distribution, production, omission, or other errors of any kind that may occur in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, lost, late, damaged, misdirected, garbled, illegible, or incomplete entries (all such entries will be disqualified); incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries; entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications; other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors; human error; technical malfunctions or defects of computer systems or telephone networks utilized in the Sweepstakes; theft, tampering, destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data processing that is processed late or incorrectly, the announcement of the prize or in any other Sweepstakes-related materials or the receipt and/or use of any prize; (c) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all injuries, claims, damages, or losses of any kind that arise from or are sustained directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, in connection with acceptance or use/misuse of prize or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (d) by accepting the prize, winner agrees that the Sponsor and its designees may use winner’s name, picture/portrait, likeness, and/or voice for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes, worldwide in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without notification, permission, or additional compensation, unless prohibited by law and may include the names of winners in a publicly available winners’ list; (e) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota and consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Hennepin County, Minnesota. Released Parties are not responsible for any condition that might cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted, including an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities or any other causes. The Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes and void all associated entries, at its sole discretion, if you repeatedly show a disregard for the Sweepstake’s Official Rules or act: (a) in a manner they determine to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten, or harass any other entrant or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor is not responsible for prize utility or quality. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. WINNER’S NAME/RULES REQUESTS: You may obtain the winner’s name by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by April 15, 2013 to PHD, Attn: SN Social Sweeps Team, 220 East 42nd St., New York, NY 10017. Complete Official Rules will be available online at www.sleepnumber.com/ during the Sweepstakes Period.
8. SPONSOR: Select Comfort Corporation, 9800 59th Avenue N., Minneapolis, MN 55442
9. JUDGE/ADMINISTRATOR: PHD Worldwide, 220 East 42nd St., New York, NY 10017.