Last month, we unveiled our new Sleep Number i10 bed—a breakthrough in comfort and style with features designed to provide a quality night’s sleep.
This Saturday (May 7), we’ll officially unveil this new bed in the Washington, D.C. market by taking a little different approach. The idea? Give local consumers big chances to win Sleep Number products as we pit two prominent D.C. bloggers against one another by asking them to participate in a number of sleep “challenges” right in our Bethesda (Westfield Montgomery Mall) and Fairfax (Fair Oaks Mall) stores.
Jennifer Gerlock, who blogs at Hip As I Wannabe, and Lara DiPaola, who blogs at Chicken Nuggets of Wisdom, will be our featured bloggers. Jennifer and Lara will participate in a number of challenges, including:
- Challenge: Individual Fit Competition. After the bloggers are fitted for their personalized Sleep Number settings, it’s your turn. Stop down to the Westfield Montgomery Mall in Bethesda or the Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax and get fitted for your personalized Sleep Number setting right in the store, and receive a FREE travel pillow, while supplies last. The two stores will also compete to see which can “fit” the most folks during the course of the day on Saturday. Sleep Number will donate $500 of free bedding to a local charity on behalf of the first store/blogger that wins the challenge. For this event, the Fair Oaks Mall store supports the Fisher House of Bethesda and the Westfield Montgomery store supports A Wider Circle. Time: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Challenge: Best Books Before Bed. Reading is a great pre-bedtime ritual to help you unwind from the day. Jennifer and Lara will post their favorite books to read before bed and ask followers about their favorites. The first 10 people to come into the store and tell the Jennifer and Lara their favorite books win a free Sleep Number pillow gift certificate (valued up to $49.99). Time: 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET
- Challenge: Guess my Sleep Number ® setting. As Jennifer and Lara are fitted for their personalized Sleep Number settings, Twitter and Facebook followers will have the opportunity to guess their Sleep Numbers. One winner will be selected from all the correct guesses and will be mailed a gift certificate for a free Queen or King Sleep Number Lyocell sheet and pillowcase set (valued at $269.98-$314.98). Time: 2:00-2:30 p.m. ET
- Challenge: Scavenger Hunt. For this challenge, Jennifer and Lara will first post a list of 10 items for Twitter followers to bring into each store. Jennifer and Lara will compete to see whose followers can bring these 10 items into each store first. The first 10 followers who bring items into the store win two standard size Sleep Number True Silver pillow protectors. Time: 3:00 -7:00 p.m. ET
- Challenge: Fun Furry Fashion Show. Jennifer and Lara will host a mini “fashion show” at each Sleep Number store where kids can participate by bringing in their favorite stuffed animal. Participants will have the chance to take professional photos with Jennifer, Lara and/or their family that can be posted to Twitter and Facebook. Time: 4-5 p.m. ET
- Challenge: Just Like Mom. This is a great Mother’s Day gift idea! Win wonderful temperature-balancing Sleep Number In-Balance Pajamas ($100 value) by participating in an in-store pajama party (you have to be wearing your PJs to win!). The first five people to come to each store in their PJs will receive a gift certificate for these incredible pajamas, so be sure to get to the store right at 5 p.m. to participate in this challenge! There’s also an online chance to win: Post a photo of mom/family in their PJs on the Sleep Number Facebook page and one lucky photo will be randomly selected to win mom some Sleep Number In-Balance Pajamas. Time: 5-6 p.m. ET
If you’re in the Washington, D.C. metro area, stop by our Bethesda or Fairfax stores and participate in these challenges live from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET. You’ll also have the opportunity to lie on our new Sleep Number i10 bed and learn about solutions to any sleep issues you may be having (i.e. sleep hot? Cold? sore neck? Numb shoulder/hips? Back pain? allergies? etc.) We’ll even have an official “Tweet Dreams Photo Booth” ready to snag some great pics you can share on your Facebook, Twitter or blog pages.
If you’re not in the Washington, D.C. area, no worries—you can still participate. Just follow Lara at @dipaolamomma or Jennifer at @jennifergerlock and follow the #sleepnumber hash tag to participate and for chances to win. Please also follow @SleepNumberSara who will be sharing news throughout the day, and “Like” Sleep Number on Facebook.
Hope to see you—either virtually or in-person—this Saturday!